As you know from my first 2 posts, I love harry potter and the whole franchise. I recently visited the HP world at Universal in Orlando, Fl and realized that they’re wands, while wonderful, were quite expensive. No way could a student afford that. So I decided to make my own, awesome wand with just paper, a chopstick and a hot glue gun.
You will need:
- A4 Paper
- A chopstick
- Hot glue gun
- Black acrylic paint
What you do:
- Place the chopstick around the edge of your paper and roll the paper tightly around the chopstick. You can use the glue gun to glue the paper as your rolling it in to keep it from unraveling.
- Cut the extra paper, on both ends, leaving about an inch of paper above the chopstick.
- Place a dab of hot glue at both ends to round out your wand and let dry for 20 mins.
- Paint the entire paper with black paint. You might need 2-3 coats. Let dry completely.
- Use your glue gun to make swirly designs around the base of the wand up to the middle. You can design your wand in anyway you like. Let dry for 20 mins.
- Optional: Add a layer of mod podge gloss to give a shiny effect.
And ta-da 🙂 Your one-of-a-kind, awesome, under $5 wand is ready for action. Accio Glue-gun!!