This was the best and most cheerful part of Christmas for me last year. I didn’t want a standard wreath but something cute and fun with emojis coz they’re so cute 🙂 Found a similar idea on Pinterest and had to try it.
Isn’t it cute?? I love how it turned out ♥♥♥
Sorry for not having detailed pictures. Did this before I thought of posting on wordpress. Hopefully the instructions are clear enough.
What to use?
- A Christmas wreath from the Dollar Store
- Small red and green Christmas balls (also from the dollar store)
- Green floral wire (available at any craft store)
- Red and White felt sheets (available at any craft store)
- Small white cotton balls
- Five wooden circles ( see link here: Michaels wood circles)
- Pencil and Scissors
- Hot glue gun
- Acrylic paints – Red, Yellow, Brown, White, Pink, Blue, Black
What to do?
For Christmas wire garland:
- Unravel the wire until you have enough to wind one and half times around your wreath. Leave about 5 inches more and cut.
- Take the colored balls and attach them to the wire some distance away from each other and secure by twisting the wire slightly around each loop.
- Wind the wire with the balls around the wreath.
For Santa Hats:
- Take the red felt and cut out small triangles. Make sure the base of the triangle is 3/4th the length of the circle.
- Cut out strips from the white felt with the same length as the circle and the thickness of your finger.
- Use the hot glue gun to attach the white strips over the red triangle to look like a santa hat.
- Attach the cotton ball to the top of the hat.
- Repeat steps 3-4 for as many circles as you have.
- Take 4-5 wooden circles, depending on how many emojis you want, and paint them yellow. Apply 2 coats and let dry for 15 mins.
- Use the pencil to lightly draw out your emojis. You can use templates to copy on to your circles.
- Use brown paint to color in the eyes and mouth. Use pink and red for the tongue.
- Use white paint for teeth and eye sockets. Use black paint to draw eyeballs.
- Use red paint to highlight the heart eyes.
- Use blue paint to color in the teardrops.
Putting it all together:
- After your emojis are completely dry, hot glue the santa hat on to the top of the circle. Let dry.
- Repeat for the remaining circles.
- Use hot glue to stick the emojis on to the wreath at equal distances. Let dry.
And Voila!! Your fun little wreath is ready for Christmas 😀