Dry, Chapped, Cracking Lips!!! We all need lip balm. And there are dozens to choose from. But how do you know what is actually in them? The tube might say all eco-friendly, safe, organic ingredients used but can you be a 100% sure? It’s a safer bet to make your own at home with ingredients you choose.
For this DIY, you will need a bunch of different oils and beeswax and that’s it. It’s almost like a chemistry project involving a bunch of different things that you mix together without any explosions 😛
You will need:
- Coconut oil – 1 table spoon (Amazon Coconut Oil)
- Almond oil – 1 table spoon (Amazon Almond Oil)
- Essential oils of your choice ( Amazon is a good purchasing choice)
- A pan of water
- Small glass jars to store the balm (Amazon Glass Jar Pots)
- Organic Beeswax (Amazon Beeswax Bar)
- Honey – 1 teaspoon (optional)
What you do?
- Take a pan of water and add a bowl with your beeswax (I bought a bar and grate how much I need; 1-2 table spoons is sufficient) and let boil.
- Once the beeswax starts to soften and melt, add the coconut oil, almond oil and honey. Let everything melt. Mix to blend.
- Add 15-20 drops of the essential oil (I chose peppermint oil. You can always add more or less depending on how strong you want the smell).
- Use a spoon or directly pour the contents into the small glass jars and let cool.
- Leave in the refrigerator for 30 mins to let the coconut oil solidify.
And it’s ready. Your own lovely blend of natural balm to soothe your tortured lips.