I consider this word to be versatile in meanings, at least with regards to today’s diction and verbiage.
The dictionary defines Lush as – growing vigorously or luxuriantly; as in hair or greenery. But there are several ways to use this word in a sentence with completely different meanings.
- Lavishly productive as in agriculture or farmland
- Plentiful or abundant as in crop growth
- Delicious or savory as in a lush fruit
- Appealing in terms of sound; as in a lush orchestra
- Opulent as in lush hotel accommodations
- Intoxicating or potent as in a lush liquor (urban slang)
- Pleasing or desirable as in a lush milkshake (British slang)
So many different ways to use one word. I think it’s fascinating how some words can be used in multiple ways with the same spelling to change a sentence completely.