Next in the Potter series is Hogwarts house crests – Gryffindor, Slytherin, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Hogwarts.
What you need?
- Five christmas ornaments (similar size)
- Acrylic paints: Red, Bright Yellow, Grass Green, Royal Blue, Antique White
- House crest printouts (Google search should yield plenty of options)
- Mod Podge – Gloss
What you do?
- Paint the ornaments with the five colors and let dry. Repeat with 2 more coats.
- Cut out the crest templates.
- Add mod podge to the underside of the cutout and lay it over the ornament. Gently press the cutout on the ornament and press evenly to remove bubbles.
- Add a layer of mod podge over the cutout and press firmly (make sure all ends of the cutout are firmly attached to the ornament).
- Add a final layer of mod podge to he whole ornament for a shiny look (you can also use matte mod podge if you don’t want the shine).
- Repeat for the other crests.
- Add some similar colored ribbon to the loop and hang from your tree.
And there you have it. The four houses and Hogwarts to adorn your tree.