It’s relaxing time. Grab your favorite book, soothing music and your lovely home made bath salts and enjoy your “Me” time.
What you need:
- 2-3 table spoons of baking soda (available at any grocery store)
- 1 table spoon citric acid (available at any grocery store)
- 5-6 tea spoons of epsom salts (fine grain)
- 2-3 tea spoons of coconut / almond oil
- Essential oils – 15-20 drops (I decided to use Lemon)
- Food coloring, 5 drops – Yellow, Blue (available at any grocery store)
- A cup of water
- Two bowls and a whisk
- Ice cream scoop or a large spoon
- Small plastic ornaments (see link Hobby Lobby Plastic Ornament)
What you do:
- Mix the baking soda, citric acid and epsom salt in the bowl until you have a smooth powder.
- In the other bowl, mix the coconut oil, essential oil and a few table spoons of water.
- Slowly add the liquid mixture to the powder until the powder is firm enough to hold and make a ball with (same consistency as clay or putty).
- You can stop the process right here and pack the mixture into a cute bottle for further use or you can continue to make the bath bomb.
- Split the mixture into 3 bowls and add different food coloring to each batch (I used yellow and blue colors and mixed the salts in a bottle, did not feel like making a bath bomb this time).
- Add the different colored mixes into individual plastic ornaments and leave for 30-40 mins until the mixture cools (you can also make multi colored bombs by adding a little of all the mixes together).
- Gently tap the ornament against a hard surface to loosen the bath bomb and open the ornament and release the bath bomb.
- You can use different mold shapes to get different shapes.
And you’re lovely relaxation bath salts are ready to be used. Mix in different fragrances based on your mood. For example, lavender for relaxation / headaches, peppermint for freshness, lemon for purification etc.