Back to the HP world 🙂 I made the Sorting Hat (hope I get Gryffindor) and the Remembrall (luckily I remember everything I was supposed to so this is only a decoration).
What you need:
- Small plastic ornament (I Got mine at Hobby Lobby; Hobby Lobby Ornament)
- Mini doll witch hat (found in the doll section of Hobby Lobby)
- Red transparent ribbon
- Gold washi tape
- Elmer’s Glue
- Acrylic Paint – Metallic Brown, Dark Espresso Brown
- Hot Glue Gun
What you do?
- For the Remembrall:
- Cut the red ribbon into tiny little strips to stuff into the plastic ornament (the ornament comes as 2 halves that you glue together).
- Stuff the ribbon into the ornament and glue the ends together.
- Cut the gold washi tape into a thin strip and use elmer’s glue to stick on to the center of the ornament (where the 2 halves meet).
- Add some gold ribbon to the loop to hang.
- For the Sorting Hat:
- Use the hot glue gun to draw an X shape on the center of the hat for the eyes and a thick line for the mouth. Draw some zigzag lines along the rim of the hat. Let dry.
- Paint the entire hat with the dark espresso and let dry for 30 mins. Add 1-2 more layers and let dry.
- Use the metallic brown to paint details on the eyes and mouth.
- Cut the rim in a zig-zaggy fashion to make it look old and worn.