Babies….So cute, so squishy. While we ooh and aah at how cute they are, there are some strange but true facts about babies that are truly fascinating.
Did you know??
- A 4-5 month old baby in the womb grows a mustache that it eventually eats and digests.
- Babies have knee caps but those never show up in X-rays.
- Babies have about 300 bones (way more than adults) which grow and fuse to form 206 bones.
- A baby can breathe and swallow at the same time until about 7-8 months.
- Babies have a lot of taste buds (wayyy more than adults). They have them not only on the tongue, but also on the sides, roof and back of the mouth.
- Newborn babies do not actually shed tears. They just scream and squint their eyes but actual tears are produced only after 2-3 weeks of birth.
- A newborn’s heart beat is about twice the heart rate of an adult.