If you’re an HP fan, then you obviously know all about Honeydukes, the wonderful candy store at Hogsmeade. This vast cornucopia of sweets and treats was first started by Ambrosius Flume and his wife (I had no idea) and has delighted thousands of wizards. Naturally, I would need to have some treats on my tree, especially after visiting the store at the HP world in Orlando. I even got to try some Fudge Flies….Yum!
This DIY post is super easy because all you have to do is print a ready made, avaliable online template and fold / glue them together (I got all of my templates by searching on pinterest). Here you will get to see the Bertie Bott’s every flavor beans box made with some beans in it (there’s definitely going to be ear wax and vomit in the mix).
What you need:
- Print out the Bertie Bott’s box template (see link Bertie Bott’s Template)
- Elmer’s Glue and Tape
- Scissors / Razor Blade or X-Acto Knife
- Thin Plastic / Cling Wrap
- Jelly Beans (I got a small box of Harry Potter flavored jelly beans from Barnes & Noble)
- Red Ribbon (Optional)
What you do:
- Print out the template in the size you want (I printed a smaller size to make a mini box but I will do the DIY with a bigger template to make it easier to understand).
- Cut out the little window from each vertical section.
- Cut out the outline of the entire template using an X-Acto knife or blade for the finer details.
- Fold the four vertical sections inward to form a column. Also, fold all the extra tabs on top of each section as well as the bottom.
- Cut small strips from the clear plastic and tape it to the inside of the four window cutouts.
- After folding all the bottom tabs, glue or tape them together (one on top of the other) to form your base.
- If adding jelly beans, put them into your box before closing the top.
- Use a pencil to mark a line on all the folded sections to form slots so your tabs can go in easily. Cut the pencil lines using scissors or a knife.
- Push the tabs into the slots and either tape or glue them close.
- Make small holes at the top to add your red ribbon and tie with a bow.
These boxes make cute gifts for fellow HP fans or if you have a HP-themed party these make perfect return favors. 🙂
I printed some other candy templates from Pinterest as well and pretty much followed the same process above to fold them. You can add the plastic film to some windows or leave them uncut. These are some of the few I made. Just hot glue twine or cord and hang from your tree.
- Chocolate Frog – Template; Link
- Peppermint Toad – Template; Link
- Sugared Butterfly Wings – Template; Link
- Fiery Black Pepper – Template; Link
- Fudge Flies – Template; Link
- Drooble’s Best Blowing Gum – Template; Link
- Cauldron Cakes – Template; Link
- Honey Dukes Labels – Template; Link
For the chocolate frog box, I got some frog shaped molds from Amazon (see link; Frog Mold) and made frogs for each of my boxes to give as gifts to some of my HP crazy friends. Just melt your chocolate of choice, pour into the mold and refrigerate for 30 mins. Pack the frog in the box and either tape or glue it shut. You can also use the same or smaller molds for the peppermint toads.