Dumbledore’s Army, briefly known as Defense Association, was a secret organization started by our 3 favorite wizards: Harry, Hermione and Ron. They played a very important role in educating their friends and colleagues in spells and how to use them which proved to be useful later as we’ve seen. I decided to make a DA scroll; essentially la list of DA names with their trademark symbol.
You will need:
- Beige or Dusty Cream Card Stock
- Fine Tip Pens – Dark Brown, Maroon
- Acrylic Paint – Maroon
- Elmer’s Glue
What you do?
- Cut out a strip of the card stock (thickness of 2 fingers, length: 3/4th of your palm).
- Gently roll the strip completely and unravel. Repeat 2-3 times to make the cardstock more pliable.
- Gently knead the strip between fingers folding and unfolding it for a few minutes.
- Use the pencil to pen out the DA logo (just type in Dumbledore’s Army Logo on Google) an inch from the top of the scroll. Write over it with the maroon pen. Let dry for a few mins.
- Use the brown and maroon pens to write down the names of some of the prominent members of the DA, in different handwriting (I put Harry, Hermione, Ron, Ginny, Weasley twins, Luna, Neville, Cho and the Patil twins).
- Cut the pointy ends from 2 toothpicks and glue them to both ends of the scroll. Roll the toothpicks one time and glue again to seal them in.
You can either leave the scroll like this or roll it completely and tie with some cord.
I had some spare disposable polystyrene bowls and boxes laying around so I cut them into different shapes and used them to pen in some of the memorable HP statements:
“I solemnly swear that I am up to no good”, “9 3/4”, “I open at the close” and “It’s Levi-O-Sa, not Levio-Saa”. I used black and red sharpie markers for detailing and metallic bright gold / dark gold paints for the snitch. Just make a whole at the top with a push pin and add some cord.
I will be putting in a few more statements later if I have enough space on my tree 🙂