Tip of the Day: Use ice cube trays to freeze some of your favorite cooking sauces (pesto, marinara etc) so you don’t have to make a new batch every time you want a quick meal.
- When you make a batch of your favorite sauce, take an ice cube tray (rinsed and dried) and add a small amount of oil tot he base.
- Add your sauce into the cubes. Cover with a thin layer of olive oil to prevent drying of the sauce.
- Leave in the freezer for 3-4 hours until completely frozen.
- Turn the tray upside down and gently pat down on the table to release the cubes.
- Place cubes in a Ziploc bag in the freezer. This will remain good for 6-8 months.
Next time you want a quick meal, simply pull out a cube, thaw it in a pan and add to your pasta or rice.