Adorn your wall with this wonderful homemade map of Westeros, for all the Game of Thrones fans out there 🙂
- Canvas board
- Background acrylic paint of your choice (I chose green)
- Stiff paper – Color of your choice (available at any craft store)
- Elmer’s Glue
- Black Sharpie
- Paint your canvas with your color of choice. I chose a light leaf green. Let it dry overnight.
- Print out a template of Westeros from Google, print and cut it out (this is what I used; Map Outline). Use it as an outline to draw on to your stiff paper ( I went with a dark gray paper to create a good contrast).
- Cut out the outline from the paper.
- Use the glue to stick the cut outs on your canvas. Smooth the paper evenly to avoid air pockets or bumps.
- Enter the names of the different houses with the sharpie. Do a similar map for Essos as well. You can also get a bigger canvas and stick both on the same map.
You can also make 2 maps of Westeros, one at the beginning of the show and one after season 6. There will be crazy changes in which house owns what, that’s for sure.