Display the symbol of each house with their motto by making these awesome sigil fridge magnets 🙂
You will need:
- 4 wood cutout shapes: 1 circle, 2 rectangles, 1 plaque (Link: Michaels Wood Shapes)
- Acrylic Paint: Bright Yellow, Metallic Gold, White, Red
- Black and Red Sharpies – Fine and Thick
- Elmer’s Glue
- Pencil & X-Acto knife
- Magnetic strips (Link: Michaels Magnetic Strip)
- Printed template of the house sigil (slightly smaller than the wood cutout)
What you do:
- I decided to make 4 house magnets – Stark (of course), Lannister, Targaryen and Baratheon. Paint the circle and plaque shapes white (for Stark and Targaryen, 1 rectangle red (Lannister) and 1 rectangle yellow (Baratheon) and let dry.
- Use the template to draw the different animals on your shapes. If you are not very comfortable drawing, cut out your house templates and stick them on the shapes with glue and dry.
- Use the pencil to put in the name of the house and their motto (you can do a google search to find the font used).
- Stark – ‘Winter is Coming’
- Targaryen – ‘Fire & Blood’
- Lannister – ‘Hear me Roar’
- Baratheon – ‘Ours is the Fury’
- Use the red sharpie to pen in the details for House Targaryen and the black sharpie for the remaining houses. Dry for 10 mins.
- Cut the magnetic strips to fit and stick them to the back of your shapes.
- Stick them at your favorite spot on the fridge 🙂