Finally got done with a few more DIY projects. One of the first that I completed, also the easiest, was the flag boho banner.
Give your home or patio a festive, casual look with this super simple, colorful fabric flag banner. All you need are scraps of old fabric and a whole lot of patience.
- Old colorful fabric squares
- Hot glue
- Paper & Pencil
- Choose the fabric pieces you want to use. Try to mix in different colors and patterns together.
- Draw a triangle template on paper and cut it out.
- Use the template as a base to cut out triangles from your fabric.
- Arrange the different triangles in the order you like.
- Unravel your twine and keep it taut and straight by holding the edges between 2 heavy objects.
- Place the twine on top of a fabric triangle, leaving one inch from the edge. Add hot glue to the twine and wrap the edge of the fabric over it.
- Repeat this for all triangles, leaving about 2 cms between each triangle. Let everything dry. Get some pins or tape and find a nice place to hang your banner.
You can also use tassels, pom-poms or fabric strips as embellishments between each triangle. Make multiple strands of these and join them by collecting and tying the ends together to create a wall display.