I love how doilies pretty up the most boring place. And they don’t have to be used just under cups or plates. You can do so much with them…. make fun lamps, pretty bowls for your odds and ends… candle holders etc.
What you need:
- A lot of doilies (different colors, shapes and sizes. You can find them at Michaels, antique / vintage stores)
- Matte mod podge
- Cling film
- A glass bowl
- A thick brush
- A plastic plate and bowl
What you do:
- Turn your glass bowl face down and cover it with cling film.
- In the plastic bowl, mix matte mod podge with equal parts water. Mix evenly.
- Use the brush to cover the entire doily in this mixture. Lay the doily over the bowl and spread it all over the base of the bowl.
- Leave to dry for 24 hrs.
- Gently and carefully peel off the doily and it will retain the shape of the bowl. You can do this with any size bowl.
Currently I’m storing my washi-tape rolls, headphones and stamps in it… And random coins and toothpicks 😛