By far my favorite DIY yet…. Your very own G.O.T iron throne phone holder.
- An extra thick sponge from the dollar store ( it comes 3 to a pack).
- A leather strip (Link here: Leather Trim)
- A box of cocktail swords from the dollar store ( I got a pack of 100 for $1.00)
- Hot Glue
- Scissors, X-Acto Knife
- Krylon Spray Paint – Dark anvil grey
- Leaving 1 inch from the edge of the sponge, measure the dimensions of your phone’s base and cut out the little rectangle with the knife.
- Cut the sponge in half. On the half that has the rectangle, cut out a 1.5 inch at the center. On the other half, make a corresponding rectangle to fit into the small opening.
- Join the 2 halves together at a 90 deg angle, to look like a chair.
- Cut out 2 small strips of another sponge from your pack and attach to the sides of the chair as arm rests ( I had to use a green one…. the color doesn’t matter since you will be spraying it with the paint).
- Use 2-3 toothpicks to secure the 2 pieces together at the base.
- Cut out small strips from the leather with a triangle shape at the end. You will need to make a lot of these strips to cover the entire chair.
- You will need to make some longer strips to cover the entire seat of the chair, leaving enough room to drape over the cut out.
- Use hot glue to attach the strips all over the chair. Make sure the strips hang a little past the chair on all sides.
- Start gluing the cocktail straws, all around the throne, by using a google image as reference.
- Spray the entire chair, swords and all, with the grey paint (Do wear gloves and do this outdoors. It gets pretty messy). You will need 2-3 coats. Let it dry for 24 hrs.
Hide the inner bits of sponge with more layers of leather and paint.
And it’s ready 😀 My phone looks so royal now. I took a picture with my phone case so you could see how it fits.