Wear the Baratheon Crown and feel like royalty.
What you need:
- White Cardstock (or any other stiff paper): 5-6 sheets
- Krylon metallic gold spray paint (This is the one I used; Michaels Gold Spray Paint)
- Scissors and thread
- Elmer’s glue and transparent tape
- Acrylic paints – Metallic light rose gold, Glitter bubble gum pink
What you do:
- Use some thread to wrap around your head to get the right dimensions. Cut the cardstock into strips (1.5 inch thick) and attach them with tape and glue to the thread’s measurements. Connect the 2 ends together with glue making sure you leave extra in case you need to make adjustments.
- Cut out the design of the crown using the template provided (Crown Templates). I needed 4 for the entire width of my head (I used some spare grey cardstock and some white; the color does not matter since you will be spray painting them).
- Use the tape to attach the templates to your circular base. Once your positions are secure, glue the templates on and remove the tape gently.
- You will need another template for the circular base (refer the template attachment from step 2). Cut 4 out and stick on the base with glue. This is how the template looks.
- Spray paint the entire structure with the gold paint and let dry. Add 2-3 coats for uniformity (be careful while spraying as the paint can and will stain everything).
- Paint the oval egg shaped structure from your first template with the rose gold and let dry. Paint over it with glitter bubble gum. This is to represent the stones on the crown but using actual gem stickers makes the crown hang because of the excess weight.
And your crown is ready. Wear it and rule, but not like Joffrey.