Make some fun mod-podge fridge magnets, buttons or pins with your favorite characters or franchise 🙂 I, of course, chose Harry Potter as my theme.
- Matte mod podge
- Dimensional magic mod podge
- Paper cut outs of symbols / characters
- Blank stamping metal discs (These are what I used, they are thin and easy to work with; link: Impress Art Soft Blanks)
- Magnetic strip roll (you can find them at any craft store; link: Magnet Strip)
- Find images of your favorite characters, symbols, crests etc on google (print them on regular paper in a smaller size to match your blank circles). Cut out the images as smoothly as you can using the circle as a template.
- Using a brush, add a layer of mod podge to the cutout and carefully place it over the blank circle and firmly press down to stick. Gently roll the brush over the image to remove bubbles. Let dry for 10 mins.
- Even out any paper sticking out from the end of the circle.
- Use the dimensional magic podge to gently form a layer over the image and let dry overnight (poke out any bubbles using a pin when wet). Use the link here to learn how to use dimensional magic podge; Basics of DIYing – Mod Podge and its uses
- Once dry, you will see a dimensional quality to your image. Repeat for the other images.
- Cut out small squares from the magnetic strip roll and stick firmly on the back of your circle. Your magnets are ready to be used.
Optional step: Instead of magnets, hot-glue some blank pins and wear them as brooches.