A very easy and fun DIY to stack your library with HP themed magazines. Perfect to give as gifts to friends or to read on a cold, rainy day.
You will need:
- A good, working printer
- Google images
- Elmer’s glue
What you do:
- Decide what books you would like to re-create from the franchise. I decided to do a ‘Dark Forces: A Guide To Self Protection’. Here’s the fun part. Do a google search finding images and articles to match your topic and print the sheets out.
- The first step is to create the front and back cover. I found one page with the title of my book and put a related topic for the back.
- Print both sheets and cut them out with some extra paper on either side (about an inch). Add a small strip of glue to the inner side of the back cover and stick it tot he front (make sure the pages are aligned correctly).
- Let it dry and start gathering the inner pages to stick in. Decide how may pages you need and find content for both sides of the page.
- Decide the order of the pages and stick one image to the backside of another page to form a double sided page. Stick this page into your book.
- Start with the last page and stick each page over it to form a book. Let everything dry.
- You might have to add more glue to stick the pages in firmly. Try adding some advertisements or posters for certain products etc.
I made a few more:
- Potions for all afflictions
- Weasleys Wizard Wheezes
- Daily Prophet – Read how to make one here: Daily Prophet Newspaper
- Witch Weekly
- Which Broomstick
- Quibbler – Make one from here: DIY Harry Potter Series – Loony Luna Lovegood
- A Beginner’s Guide to Hogwarts
- Quidditch at Hogwarts
I have a lot of magazines for my library now and so will you 🙂