Happy Valentine’s Day Everyone 🙂
As part of my ongoing DIY ornament exchange for Harry Potter, I had to make something related to love for Valentine’s Day.
Since I like so many relationships in the franchise: Sirius and Harry, The Marauders, Snape and Lily, Harry and his friends, Harry and Molly, Weasley Family etc, I made a montage displaying all of these relationships using an old decorative box base with a ribbon at the top that I got for Christmas.
- An old box or piece of thick cardboard / wood
- Colorful ribbon, only if your ornament does not have one attached
- Color print outs of different scenes from the movies, preferably on cardstock
- Matte mod podge
- Scissors, Brushes
What you do –
- Cut out all your images and arrange them the way you’d like.
- If your box has no hanging twine or ribbon, make a small hole at the top center of the box and attach ribbon in a loop.
- Stick the images one at a time using the matte mod podge on the inner edges of the box. Let dry for 20 mins.
- I used one big image of Amortentia as a background, for the inside of the box, and wrote out the description of the Love Chamber from the Dept of Mysteries, as mentioned to Harry by Dumbledore.
- Stick the big image in the middle, making sure it fits exactly and let dry for 20 mins.
- Paint a coat of mod podge over all the images once everything is stuck and let dry for a few hours.
Your hanging montage display is ready. You can do something similar with family photos for a loved one.