A very quick DIY for passing time during this Covid19 lock-down and a new way of decorating your Christmas tree.
With Easter around the corner, there are all kinds of plastic / wood eggs on sale. I purchased a DIY egg kit for a dollar with 5 eggs and paints. These eggs come with attached string for hanging to double as Christmas ornaments. I decided to make Weasley Wheezes product eggs.
- Easter eggs (preferably with attached string)
- Matte mod podge
- Acrylic paints – Multiple colors
- Printouts of Weasley Wheezes product logos
- Optional: Sharpies for additional designs
- Print and cut out the logos (I chose Fever Fudge, Extendable Ears, ‘W’ logo, Loonar Luminators and U-No-Poo).
- For the U-No-Poo egg, I painted the egg vivid purple and after drying stuck the label on using mod podge. Press the label evenly and firmly to avoid bubbles.
- Do the same for all the other eggs.
- For Fever Fudge, I painted the egg blue and added details with red sharpie.
- The ‘W’ logo egg was painted bright orange to match the label.
- Extendable Ears were painted teal and a ear shape was painted on using purple paint after sticking the label on.
- The Loonar Luminator egg was painted peach before sticking the label.