I have a friend who is really into healing and meditation. Chakra candles seemed like a perfect gift for her birthday. I used clear shot glasses to make these with cotton wicks. Love how they turned out 🙂
Chakra healing is an excellent way to balance your chakras and find balance within your body and mind. The different chakras are:
Purple = Crown Chakra
Indigo (Dark Blue) = Third Eye Chakra
Light Blue = Throat Chakra
Green = Heart Chakra
Yellow = Solar Plexus Chakra
Orange = Sacral Chakra
Red = Root Chakra
For harmonizing the energies and overall health, it is recommended to light all 7 at the same time. You can also light just one depending on what chakra cleansing you prefer at that time.
- Shot glasses or small jar
- Cotton / wood wicks
- Soy wax or beeswax
- Crayons or wax dyes for color
- Double boiler setup
- Therapeutic essential oils
- Infusing agents: crystals, stones, dried herbs or flowers
- I used a double boiler system to melt my wax in 7 small batches, one for each candle. You can do this one at a time to avoid any confusion.
- While your wax is melting, attach the wicks to the glasses using hot glue or a wick holder. Secure them with clips to prevent movement while pouring.
- Once the wax is melted, add your essential oil blends to each batch. I used jasmine, rose, lavender, eucalyptus, rosemary and orange oils. Mix evenly for a minute.
- Add a small dye cube or a piece of crayon to get the color intensity of your choice. Add more to make it darker. Mix evenly.
- Gently pour an inch of liquid into the jars. Let them dry for 2-3 minutes and add herbs on top. Top this off with the rest of the mixture.
- Let the wax become semi-solid. You will be able to see the wax slowly solidifying. Gently place stones, crystals or more herbs on top of the semi-solid layer (you should see the stones and crystals partially sinking into the wax). Let everything harden. Snip away excess wicks.
Your chakra candles are ready for cleansing.