This tutorial describes how I make DIY dried flower cards cardboard backing. These make great ‘feel good’ gifts to give for all occasions.
- Assorted flowers / petals
- Hot Glue & Matte Mod Podge
- Patterned paper
- Glitter glue pens / puffy paint
- You will need to first dry the flowers by leaving them in the sun for 2-3 hours. Press the flowers between heavy books for 2-3 days. Once they are dry and preserved, you can start arranging them on your card.
- While the flowers are getting pressed, cut your cardboar to the desired shape, with no loose or jagged edges, and glue a sheet of the patterned paper to the board. Cover all sides and let the glue dry. Add a layer of mod podge to keep everything in place.
- Arrange your flowers the way you’d like and hot glue everything in place. Let dry overnight.
- On the other side of the card, use the glitter glue or puffy paint to write a fun message. Let everything dry for 24 hours.
- You can display the card with a colored clothespin or give as gifts to loved ones.
Here are a few more I made to give as September Just Because cards.