I have a lot of buttons from various outfits that I’ve collected over the years. My niece gave me the wonderful idea of using them in cards to make something unique. I love how they turned out and there is so much room for creativity with this idea.
- Lots and lots of buttons (some orange / brown ones would be perfect as pumpkins)
- Hot glue
- Orange cardstock
- Markers / paint pens
- Color pencils
- Pencil, Scissors
- Cut out the shape of your card from the cardstock. Fold over before cutting to create a card shape with an inner flap.
- For my first card, I glued orange and brown buttons to create pumpkins. I added some leaves and stems with green pens.
- I used a black button to create a bat flying on top. End the image with a Fall message.
- Inside the card, hand write whatever message you’d like using the paint pens / markers.
- For the cobweb card, I drew cobwebs with pencil and traced over with a white pen to create silvery threads. I glued some buttons and added legs using markers.
These make very cute, unique card ideas. You can create whatever you’d like, depending on the holiday. Just have fun with it 🙂