I have always loved the Lolita wine glasses but they are crazy expensive. I figured I could make my own using a $1 wine glass and some paints. This will soon be your favorite craft project. And you can do this on regular glasses too. These make unique collectible gifts.
I made a birthday one for my friend. She absolutely loved it. My plan is to make Christmas ones for the holiday season.
What you need:
- Wine glass from thrift stores / dollar stores
- Acrylic paints of different colors and brushes
- Thin sharpie in a dark color
- Dishwasher mod podge spray or any sealant to cover your design
What you do:
- Clean and dry your wine glass (remove dust and other particles).
- Use the sharpie to draw out your design.
- Use acrylic paints to color your designs. Go crazy with the colors or stick to a certain theme (totally up to you).
- Let everything dry for 24 hours. Some designs might require a second coat of paint.
- Once everything is dry, use the mod podge spray to apply an even coat over the entire glass (use paper towels to cover the inside of the glass).
- Let the glass cure and dry for 15-20 days (follow the label on the mod podge bottle).
Your one-of-a-kind gift is ready. Tie a ribbon on the stem or add some wine charms to your masterpiece. Optional: You can further glam up your work by using glitter glue, gemstone stickers and more.