Happy Spring everyone. I started to make HP themed stationary to give as summer gifts to my writer friends. I started with a Slytherin notebook and quill. A really fun and easy DIY to finish in a day.
- A house colored notebook from the dollar store (they have all 4 house colors)
- Black sharpie
- Green pen
- Mod podge
- Green feather
- Black pen
- Black and green acrylic paint
- Hot glue
- I used online clip art images from google to decide what images to put on the cover.
- Draw out your design using the sharpie. You can start with a pencil to get a draft and draw over with the sharpie.
- Let it dry for 30 minutes.
- Add a thin layer of mod podge on top and let dry over night.
- For the feather: open up the ball point pen to get the ink cartridge from within. Use hot glue to attach the feather to the pen. Add swirls and designs over the feather stem and cartridge, completely covering it. Paint it with the black paint (use 2 coats and dry in between). Add some green paint on one side to give it a gradient effect. Your feather quill is ready.
- Optional: I hand wrote the first and last pages with information from some popular Slytherins. You can do the same for any of the other houses. Add some stickers and/or embellishments to make it pop.
Your custom made House notebook is ready for use 🙂