Do you absolutely hate tangled earphones, especially when you’re really in the mood for some soothing stress-free music???
Detangling those phones definitely increases my stress levels. Can you imagine spending 20 mins figuring this out?? Ughhh 😦
Plus, I can never find them in my bag with all my other junk. I found this cool recycling idea for old Tictac boxes to store earphones and thought why not use the icebreakers mint box for the same.
What you need:
- An empty mint box ( I used the icebreakers box)
- Matte mod podge
- Fabric scraps or old designed card stock
- Push pins and toothpicks
- Wire, black sharpie and scissors
What you do:
- Clean out the mint box thoroughly with soap and water and let dry completely.
- Use a push pin to make two holes on either side of the smaller opening on the box and use a toothpick to make the holes bigger (you will add some wire through for hanging, if needed).
- Measure the openings on the box (it forms a smaller circle).
- Get a square piece of fabric or card stock (I used some spare fabric I had laying around). Use a sharpie to draw an outline of the inner circle (formed by the openings).
- Cut it out. Make sure it fits right over the two openings. Cut the circle into 2 equal halves.
- Stick the two halves over the two openings using mod podge (make sure there are no bubbles; use a ruler to gently press the cloth to smooth it out).
- Just wind the headphones through two of your fingers and gently insert it into the box.
I added some wire through the holes to hang on my bag 🙂 Now I’ll always find them 🙂
Optional: You can make bigger holes to add a keychain through. You might need to use an art drill.