With season 7 of GOT here, I wanted to temporarily fill up an empty spot above my TV with some of the key players from the season.
A very simple DIY to create. You can choose your favorite characters and customize as you please.
You will need:
- Silhouettes of your characters from google images (simply print on regular A4 sheets)
- White Canvas
- Pencil / Scissors / Elmer’s Glue / Thick Brush
- Thin / Thick Black Sharpie
- Color pencils – Red, yellow, orange, black, grey
- Champagne gold metallic acrylic paint
What you do:
- Arrange your silhouettes the way you want them to look on your canvas.
- Add a light coat of the acrylic paint on the canvas and let dry.
- Use a pencil to draw an outline of a wolf and color it grey with a bit of black. I did at the top left corner of the canvas.
- Based on your silhouette arrangement, pen the following sentences in using the same font as observed on the show’s posters and art (you can copy the font from google images). I went with …
- King of the North
- Queen of the Dragons
- Valar Morghulis
- I drink and I know things
- I drew an open starburst shape and colored it with the red, orange and yellow pencils. I will be sticking the silhouette of Daenerys over it. I added a dragon over her shoulder with red flames coming out of his mouth.
- I stuck all the silhouettes on using glue. Make sure you evenly brush the silhouette to remove any air bubbles. Let everything dry.
I added some extra detailing around Sansa… a bird, leaves and a few dots here and there (don’t know why lol). And there you have it… Your custom made fan art 😀