Happy January everyone. It’s been a while since I did something creative but I am back with something easy and fun 🙂 Create your own mini books with this easy DIY post. Of course, I chose Harry Potter as my theme.
You will need:
- Print outs of several harry potter book covers from google (make sure they are small)
- Matte mod podge and scissors
- Glue / staples
- A4 paper – white / cream (for the inner pages)
- Optional: String / hooks to hang them if needed
What you do:
- Once you have your printouts of the different book covers, cut them out. Gently fold along the spine of the book.
- Draw an outline of one side of the folded book and cut out several small sheets of paper (for the inner pages).
- Arrange them so they all are even along one end and staple them together, to form a solid bundle.
- Add glue to the spine of the book cover and glue the bundle on the inside, holding firmly for 4-5 seconds.
- Once dry, add a layer of matte mod podge on to the book cover. Let dry.
- Optional Step: Attach some string with glue / tape to hang the mini books as tree ornaments.
To make spell books, or a book cover garland, follow the DIY here: DIY Harry Potter Series – Spell Books and HP Book Covers