This is one of my favorite ornaments so far. Really easy to make with very few supplies.
You will need:
- A plastic white cup (I got mine at Daiso but the dollar store has a lot of options as well; if using ceramic, be very careful when handling).
- Black sharpie – Thick
- Black acrylic paint and brush
- Matte mod podge
What you do:
- Wash and dry the cup to remove dust and particles.
- Make sure you have the right orientation for the cup before starting to draw. I kept the handle on top and drew the design accordingly.
- Use the sharpie to draw an outline of a dog. You can use 70% ethanol to wip the marker if you make mistakes.
- Add dots all around the dog (I used a google image of the grim as reference).
- At the rim of the cup, write ‘my dear, you have the grim’.
- Optional: I added a few more details along the outside and handle of the cup. It looked too plain and I wanted to fill it in. On the handle I wrote ‘Omen of Death’ and along the outer section I wrote ‘they see the grim, they die of fright’.
- Use mod podge to seal everything in and let it dry for 24 hours.