I am a crazy Harry Potter fan. Wands, Potions, Quidditch, Spells….I love em all. I decided that this year I would make myself a Harry Potter themed Christmas tree, which as Potter fans will know involves an endless number of ideas.
To start of, I decided I needed a Harry Potter ornament (of course!) as well as Ron and Hermione. And this is how it turned out. ( I should have added a mouth to each but I fixed that with the other ones I made).
You will need:
- Three old, round christmas ornaments (you can get a whole pack of them at the dollar store or joanns if you don’t have any).
- Acrylic Paints ( I used Apple Barrel paints.)
- Sunkissed Peach (for the skin tone)
- Crimson (for Ron’s hair)
- Brown (Hermione’s hair, Ron’s freckles)
- Bright Red / Bright Yellow (Gryffindor scarf)
- Americana Brand – Bright Salmon (Harry’s scar)
- Sharpie marker – Black (to draw on eyes and glasses)
- Mod Podge – Gloss
What to do?
- Paint the 3 ornaments with SunKissed peach and let dry for 20 minutes. Add 1 or 2 more layers to evenly cover the ornament.
- Use a pencil to lightly draw the hairline for all 3 ornaments as well as a line going around the bottom of the ornament for the scarf.
- Paint the hair on each, using the right colors, and let dry. Add another layer if required.
- Use bright yellow to cover the bottom of the ornaments tracing over the pencil line drawn.
- Use bright red to create strips in between the yellow to get the gryffindor scarf colors.
- Use the bright salmon to draw a zigzag scar on Harry’s forehead.
- Use the brown paint to put 3 dots each on Ron’s cheeks.
- Let the whole ornament dry completely (I left mine for 45 minutes).
- Add an even layer of gloss mod podge and let dry for 1 hour. (This step is optional. It just gives the ornament a shiny look).
Ta-da. You’re done!!
You now have 3 awesome ornaments from the series 🙂